Saturday, August 16, 2014

Regrets

Earlier this spring, after having decluttered some and realizing that one of the whole points of minimalism is the experience over the stuff, I had planned to do two things in early summer that would have brought me great joy. 

1. The Minimalists were coming to my area and I had the date marked on the calendar and even reserved four tickets. I was going to drag my husband and two boys there if it killed us!

2. Two of my favorite musical groups -- The Script and One Republic -- were coming to a venue near me at the end of June. My boys like One Republic and I LOVE The Script, so win/win, right?

Neither of these things happened. My husband was working the night that The Minimalists were coming, and it was very close to my son's high school graduation, and I was overwhelmed, and it was supposed to thunderstorm that night, and excuses, excuses, excuses.

The concert night was the same evening we were coming home from vacation. At that point, we had spent quite a bit of money during our vacation and my husband didn't want us to spend any more. So we didn't go. 

I REGRET NOT DOING THESE TWO THINGS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE THIS SUMMER. 

If you have the slightest doubt about whether you should do something that that you know you would really enjoy, do it, despite whatever obstacles might be in your way. Otherwise, I promise you, you will regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment