Monday, January 6, 2014

Project 350 (or less)

So I’m breaking the rules a bit when it comes to Project333. The essence of the project is to choose 33 items (every three months, or season) that fall into the following categories:
What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleepwear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to work out)
 
I say “essence” because I believe that Courtney Carver would still want me to downsize my wardrobe, even if it included 50 items instead of 33. That’s only 17 more items anyway, right?
 
Because I love fashion and clothes, I am taking a few liberties with this project so as not to set myself up for failure. If I am too limited, I will give up completely and not even bother making the effort. Therefore, instead of including jewelry, outwear and shoes in the 50 items (or less), I am keeping them out of the equation. It’s possible I will ultimately include them in my total selection, but that is yet to be seen.
 
I haven’t yet actually picked out my items, although that was supposed to be done this past weekend. Instead I got hung up on putting away holiday decorations and having a little me time.
 
But today is the day that I had planned to start, and in a way, I did. I wore a dress and a sweater that will definitely be part of my 50 items (or less). Over the course of this week, I will move the clothes that don’t make the cut into my hall closet and gather my wearable collection in my bedroom closet. I am not ready to actually get rid of some clothes that don’t fit because I do need to lose about 10 pounds, and I want those clothes waiting for me next winter.
 
Having to lose weight has actually been a big motivator in my doing this project. I have clothes that I love but are too tight; they will fit me next winter though. Unless I don’t lose the weight, in which case, they will be given away then. But for now, I am just wearing the clothes that fit me that I’ve been “unofficially” wearing for the past few months. Make sense?
I’ll post my choice of clothes by the weekend. Who knows, maybe I will be able to limit myself to 33 items.
 
Here’s to dressing with less in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment